<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

***HAPPY NEW YEAR!***

Yes, i know this is old news. Thank you very much.

Right, obviously, it's polite to keep asking people, "how was your new year?" "how was your christmas?" As i have already tried to repeat my answer through cut and paste - unsuccessfully may i add - sorry to those who received my Economics revision pasted on your screen.

My New Year, like all other things in my life, was hectic to say the least. Now cast your minds back to last year.

Well this year was that x100

First of all. NYE. Had to get up stupidly early as Boots had a "open an hour earlier, close an hour earlier" sort of deal going on. Thus I got up for work at 8AM. (And I have a good story involving an embarassed SportsWorld guy but i'll leave that for another time.)
Anyways, The Family descended in their masses to my house and by the time i got home there were 20+ family members already starting the festivities.

Of course, this year we had a repeat of the fireworks. And running away from them. And running inside as the embers fell....
BASICALLY!
The ground in my garden is quite soft so the fireworks probably gradually changed their angle as the fuse burnt down. Again, we have video images of the "official fireworks lighter" running away at an extreme pace from the light. And again, like last year the apocalypse came with embers being carried by the wind towards us.
Cue more shouting of "GET INTO THE HOUSE KIDS! ITS NOT SAFE!!! RUN RUN!"

Again, i'd like to re-iterate- why do half my family events involve the phrase "RUN! RUN AWAY! Its not safe!" in them?

*sigh*

Fireworks over, the elders continued their gambling games into the early hours. THe very early hours. As in 6AM early hours. And of course, being the hostess with the mostess, it's an unwritten rule not to go to sleep before your guests conk out. Us mini-waitresses spent our time playing endless rounds of Pictionary, Articulate, Monopoly and UNO. Plus The Phantom Of The Opera played... with participants during the songs... Oh dear god. Try listening to "the phaaaaaantom of the opera is heeere!" at 3AM

Anyways, by 6AM, the house was still and we slept on and on........ til about 11AM as we had to meet MORE family members in town for lunch at noon.

And so we did.
Many of you will have seen the paint- edited picture of yours truly almost falling asleep. Many of you will have laughed. With me of course.

Anyway. We shopped the rest of the day and returned to la casa. (You MUST see my two new dresses, which, for the record are lushhhhhh)
Again, the night was spent with the usual "festivities" - seriously, if i hear the clicking of mahjong tiles any more...
Those that lived up North left just before midnight. Of course, the long distance stragglers stayed behind to sleep the night. Even though less sleeping was done. Many thanks to those of you who relieved me from my boredom and texted me back at 3AM. *cries*

It seems that soon after that, FINALLY the house was still. Listening from upstairs, I understood that this would be shortlived and quickly replaced by a big rush later that day when I had to wake them to catch trains and transport etc.
Reminders of last year when I found cufflinks in the garden.
Having to get up for 8AM to hunt for shoes is always a blast...

The last of the family left last night. The house has been restored. Gloves found in sinks have been returned to their owners. The mahjong set is back under the stairs.

I am at peace.


Oh wait. SCHOOL TOMORROW.

Lets see... 7 people i'm talking to who are currently doing homework.... all of which who are on MSN. 1 person doing coursework in addition.

Will we ever learn?

Lol, I've had questions as to how i've even managed to last this long without falling asleep at the keyboard. A good pot of jasmine tea and some hardcore carbs with a high sugar content is all you need. That and a little bit of faith of course.

Happy New Year xx


# posted by Unknown @ 1/03/2006 02:34:00 pm
Comments:
bet someones gonna be falling asleep in maths then! Exxxx
 
brilliant blog, happy new year!
 
Youre right, it doesnt feel like we've only been back a few days. And the weathers shit too!
 
Zwong, you need to comment on my blog in return for my multiple comments.

Did we have GenStuds homework like?

EmmaL xxx
 
If we got homework in General Studies, would I still be doing the subject?

Lol, even if we did, we wouldn't do it. You know when Stott said that someone had said that General Studies wasn't important to her, yeah - that was me.
Though I believe my words were "a priority" :D

xXXXx
 
Hahaha.

Mrs.Stott: 'You made it clear last lesson that General Studies was not a priority.'

Me: 'We actually ADMITTED that to your face? Wow, we're harsh.'

Haha Mrs.Torytelegraphbummer is a legend. Sad to hear you will not be there on Wednesday, my cactus will have no friends. :'(

xxxx
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"