<$BlogRSDUrl$>
*Names have been changed (slightly) to protect identity
Feedback accepted graciously (no violence involved, i swear)
Disclaimer: All events and proceedings related to this site are fictitious. Any association to current affairs is ENTIRELY coincidental...Completely coincidental
(Ha, that'll keep those with libel in mind happy. or dead)

Friday, March 05, 2004

House Music concert. LOLOLOL the most eventful house event that iv actually been to. First and foremost, I have never been much of a house event participant – except house challenge and dance purely because I can act like a prat in both and get away with it. House Music is now, no longer any exception. I was given THE most important job of “lead off-erer” (the person that leads everyone off at the end) I had to time it just right – not before the clap, not to long after. A wise man in Spiderman once said “With great power comes responsibility”

After watching half of Toy Story (We can lip sync to the words!!) we went to the Noodle Bar – like the other 5 houses did. Complete full house. LOL we were the smallest house there with only 9 people as a load had decided to go home first or whatever. Everyone else had like 30 strong but we were standing proud with our 9 (and we probably ate more than the 30)
Afterwards we were stuffed with …. noodle and who did we meet on our way back but my beautiful man slag who’s about to go to the gig at the Civic? I, as always, had overeaten (hey they say its one portion so I had one! Not one between two like Kt n Alexa who are pusses) But yes. I proposed McFlurry’s all round at Maccy D’s but would they listen?

Anyways, a looong while later, the whole thing is underway and we’r standing at the back of the hall doing the Time Warp. And then I spot dear old dad joining in. Oh the hilarity. Minutes pass, we’r still Time Warping, my toes get crushed. Someone gets elbowed in the face. What can I say. It was an accident! Lol. I am anointed the Chair person. I have to lay chairs when there arent enough. I successfully knock over a large stack. Score.

Time goes by. Minutes of boredom are spent listening to music being played again, and again and again…….. Then INTERVAL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOAR. BISCUITS!
I'm called over by Mrs T as I'm the only one she that knows from her music classes (because she lectures us so often.) I was asked to get the cups and stuff from the office… I am faced with a difficult choice. To fix or not? However she comes after me and I have to be a good girl. A few minutes later, after arranging the cups nicely on a random table (Yes that was MY work!) I realise there is a sliiiight problem with the cups.
The ribbons are the wrong colour. These are probably last years ribbons. So we change them but alas, we need one more purple ribbon. (Congrats to Hughenden btw)
Mrs Thomspon runs to her office to find ribbons as the interval is nearing an end.
“What colour do you need?”
“Purple, Mrs Thompson”
“I have RED!!”
“Purple, Mrs Thompson”
“Green? I cant find any green!?”
“PURPLE!”
“Sorry, I’v only got purple”
*shoots*

The ribbons are replaced, everything is hunkydory. Then comes the singing stuff (they put us at the end)
Goes ok, apart from a load of imperfections we can point out but wont because thats mean right Dickson? Most importantly I SANG HUMP! (hello Mars Bar) HUMP HUMP HUMP! (Hello snickers bar) I even receive the look from Foster!! (HELLO MALTEASERS! PS Thankies Foster, I shall share later lol)
Even Hoskins, who is sitting in the audience notices and she suddenly sits up and grins. I see her. I see Foster. I see Machete. I see Kinkylicious. I am this close to laughing. I lose my place and begin to mime. (hey if Britney can do it…)
But yes. IT finishes. We receive tremendous applause. It is now my moment to shine as I start to lead off. I'm walking. I'm going. I'm up the stairs. I'm being followed. And then.
I'm stopped.
Mrs Thompson steals my moment and wants to say a few words. (If “few words” means “lengthy sermon”)
I sit back down, defeated. The house captain made me go through it about 6 times!!!! And all for nothing! Baaaaaaa.

And so ends the saga. Now no extra music work for me!! Mwahaha, all it took to make Music even more of a doss was some free food and permission for me to sing random words. Next year, that’s me organising it……… oh god, that’ll be the day.


# posted by Unknown @ 3/05/2004 10:45:00 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Quotable Quotes about the site from the MYNSIL readers


"If i were a tree.... this is where i'd be"

"eeeeeep!!!"

"If watermelons could talk.... "

"I used to watch paint dry until I found your blog, then I found a new meaning of bordem"

"Have actually been to your site now- is good, I think"

"Hell without the pointy things"

"...is very good and not at all uninteresting"

"I thought this was the queue (spelling) for the ice-cream "

"Its wikid"

"indeed i like lol, thats y i rd it wenever summin new comes out lol"

"I like being famousish"

"Your website keeps me sane" - (WTF?LOL)

"Zoe is a jolly good example of English manners and Decency"

"...a secret agent in the happy andrex puppy world who wishes to infiltrate this hapiness and let them see the true light" -thats Raz about me ...

"I really like the link to the immature rude words my favourite is K for Kangaroo Spunk"

"Yes one haas done a Zoe and eaten too many E numbers and now ich bin hyper"

"Shine on you crazy diamond!"